Bridge & Tunnel Inspectors’ Conference (formerly the PNW Bridge Inspectors' Conference) focuses on the safety inspections of bridges, tunnels, and other transportation structures. The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for inspectors and managers to share information, innovations, ideas, and best practices surrounding safety inspections. Additional opportunity will be provided for the attendees to gain a current national perspective on bridge and tunnel inspections from AASHTO and FHWA. The conference will provide continuing education for bridge and tunnel inspectors.
This year's theme is "Bridging to Tunnel Inspections."
Goals for the Bridge & Tunnel Inspectors' Conference
- Provide a forum for bridge and tunnel inspectors to share information, innovations, ideas, and best practices.
- Provide a means for sharing inspection methods, equipment, and management techniques for transportation structures.
- Provide a forum for the continuing education of certified bridge and tunnel inspection team leaders.
- Provide a forum for participants to gain a current federal perspective on the implementation requirements of the NBIS, NTIS, and the associated specifications and training opportunities.
Key benefits of attending or presenting at the conference
- Become better equipped and prepared to perform assigned tasks by being exposed to lessons learned from others.
- Become more efficient and knowledgeable in the area of bridge and tunnel inspection.
- Develop a network of peers, external resources, and experience based in other states and throughout the industry.
- Become more productive by identifying and using available resources more wisely.
- Ensure a higher level of on-the-job safety and environmental awareness.
- Strengthen communication skills by developing and delivering presentations to a large audience of your peers.
- Inspection policy and procedures
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance of inspections, reporting, calculations, or operations
- Preparation and maintenance of bridge and tunnel inventories
- Bridge inspections
- Tunnel inspections
- Load ratings
- Scour analyses
- Bridge management systems
Bridge product and engineering service exhibitors are also encouraged to participate.