2016 CESA Training & Conference
California’s premier emergency management conference brings together the best of the best and provides an opportunity for professional development for emergency managers from all disciplines (public, private, government) and facilitate collaboration and coordination. Breakout sessions and Keynote speakers will inspire and educate to keep you riding the crest of the wave.
Members save on full conference registration. Not a member? Go to www.cesa.net and become a member today!
Finalized Conference Agenda available here!
Find CESA Networking Opportunities here!
Special 5 session track on the Waterman Active Shooter Event
On December 2, 2015, 14 people were killed and 22 were seriously injured in an active shooter terrorist attack in San Bernardino during the Department of Public Health Environmental Health’s annual training and Christmas celebration. The lessons learned crossed many disciplines. We’re excited to have 5 representatives who are ready to share their lessons learned from response through recovery. Topics include:
- Firsthand account from inside the room during the event and the challenges San Bernardino County faced while restructuring the department to continuing operations and recover from the devastation left behind.
- Impact to Loma Linda Medical Center as the event unfolded. Hospital staff will discuss the importance of city and county relationships and collaboration.
- How Public Health collaborated with the Office of Emergency Services while coordinating the largest Medical/Health Mutual Aid deployment and tracking of over 200 resources across the state.
- Issues faced and lessons learned related to incident coordination with limited resources and how the Department of Behavioral Health was integrated into emergency response.
- Challenges of the Office of Emergency Services as they focused on response support while coordinating employee care and cost recovery.